Eidain Prayers (Namaz Eid ) Eid Fitr & Adha 2017-18
Definition: – Eid means a festival and a day of happiness. Eidain means (Both these are the days of happiness. The reward of Almighty Allah is bestowed upon His servants. Therefore on both these days saying two raka’t on each Eid is obligatory) two festivals, Eid ul Fitr and Eidul Azha.
1. Edul Fitr is that festival which is celebrated on 1st of Shawwal (10th month of Hijri Era). During which propitiatory offerings and special prayers are performed.
iii. Eid ul Azha is celebrated on the 10th of Zul Hijjah (12th month of Hijri Era) in which besides special prayers animals are sacrificed.
Orders for Eid Prayers: – The salat of both the Eid is obligatory (wajib) and it is obligatory on those on whom the Friday prayers are obligatory.
Conditions of Eid prayers:-
The conditions applicable to Eid salat is the same as applicable to the Friday prayers with a difference that the sermon (khutba) is the precondition for Friday prayers and it is traditional (If the sermon (khutba) is not delivered on Eid the namaz will be lawful, but the sin of forsaking the stressed sunnah will be there) (sunnat) in Eid prayers. The sermon (khutba) in juma is first and then salat and sermon (khutba) in Eid after salat (If the sermon (khutba) is delivered before the Eid namaz it will be lawful whereas in the case of Friday sermon (khutba) after salat will become void). There is azan and iqamah in Friday prayers but there is no azan or iqamah for Eid prayers.
Warning:-In those villages where the conditions for Friday prayers are not fulfilled it is disapproved (The pre condition for Eid prayers (like Friday prayers) there must be a town or mofussil and not a village) to the point of forbidden to observe Eid salat. The residents of this village can move to a nearby village and observe Eid namaz.
Complementaries of salatul Eidain eid ramadan 2017-18: On the Eid the following acts are traditional and desirable (sunnat and mustahab):-
1. Good dressing (hair cutting, clicking the nails)
2. Bathing the body.
3. To brush (This is an addition to wudu) the teeth with miswak (Before going to Eidgah).
4. To wear beautiful dress available.
5. Apply perfumes.
6. To observe fajr salat in a local mosque.
7. To go to Eidgah early morning.
8. To give propitiatory (fitra) offerings before going to Eidgah.
9. On Eidul Fitr consume dates or any other sweet before going for namaz. (If dates are consumed must be in odd numbers)
10. For Eidul Azha go for salat without eating (Whether slaughtering of animal is obligatory or not) anything.
11. Eid salat is to be performed preferably in Eidgah.
12. To adopt one route while going to Eidgah and return through the other.
13. Go to Eidgah on foot.(if one can).
14. Chant (After reaching the eidgah stop chanting) the takbir on the way .
ALLAH HU AKBAR ALLAH HU AKBAR LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAHU WALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR WA LILLAHIL HAMD.
15. For Eidul Fitr chant slowly and for Eidul Azha loudly. Give more charity and alms, expose joy and happiness and exchange greetings as desired.
Warning:- The salat of Eid even though permissible in the mosque but it is a stressed tradition to perform it in Eidgah. Huzoor (SAWS) used to go to eidgah for Eid salat despite the fact that Masjid-e-Nabavi (Muslims who perform Eid salat in the mosque of the cities (without any reason) other than Eidgah during these auspicious days will be violating the stressed sunnah. They are committing acts disapproved to the point of forbidden instead of seeking bliss of Almighty Allah and His reward) claims excellence and honour in the light of various ahadith. It was his regular (On one occasion he did not go to Eidgah due to rain) practice. Hence the Eid salaat is to be performed (It is to follow a sunnah and to manifest the glory of Islam) in Eidgah.
The time for Eid prayers starts with the sunrise (It means sun is raised to an extent that its paleness is vanished or its light cannot be gazed with the naked eye) to a particular height when its paleness is vanished and develops brightness and when it cannot be seen with the naked eye, and lasts till it starts (If the sun starts declining the Eid prayers will be void (it will become a nafl salat) other than obligatory) declining.
Time Table of Eid Prayers Or eid prayer time:-
It is desirable to observe salat early after the start of the time.
Sets of Eid salat and praises to Allah:- (Rakat aur Takbiraat e Eidain)
1. There are two sets (Rakat) for each Eid.
2. Besides the normal takbeerat there are six (Every takbeer is obligatory in itself) additional obligatory takbeerat, three in each raka’t.
3. In the second set (raka’t) the takbeer (As against it this takbeer is sunnat in other salath) for rukoo is also obligatory.
Method of Eid salat Or How to Pray Eid Fitr & Adha Ramadan 2017-18:-
First make an intention for Eid salat.
“Nawatu ousallee Rakatai Salaati Eidil – Fitari Ma’a Sitti Takbiraat Lillahi Ta’ala”
Trans. (I perform two rakaat salaat of Eid Ul Fitr with six takbeerat for Almighty Allah). The imam makes invocation of imamat and the followers as followers. Then say initial takbeer (takbeer-r-tahreema) tie the hands and recite sana’a. Then the imam and the followers (muqtadis) after uttering Allahu Akbar raise their hands upto ears and drop them, after some gap (Not to utter any words in glory and praise to Allah during this gap and stand silently) during which one can utter Subhana Allah raise (As are raised in the initial takbeer (takbeer-e-tahreema)) their hands for the second time and drop them while uttering Allahu Akbar. Similarly they raise their hands while uttering Allahu Akbar for the third time(without dropping) tie their hands (Whenever there is anything to utter tie the hands to recite (sana) otherwise get the hands dropped. (Takbeerat-e-eid)). The imam will recite Taouz wa Tasmia slowly and surah Fatiha and sub surah loudly. Complete the first raka’t after correct performance of the other postures (rukoo and sajdah). Then start the second raka’t by reciting surah Fatiha and other sub surah then do not go for ruku immediately but raise the hands
Warning:-three (On this takbeer the six takbeerat of Eid will be completed. In the first raka’t three, after recitation of sana, and in the second raka’t three after recitation of Quran) times with the takbeer Allahu Akbar each time drop the hands after raising them up to ears. On the fourth (Thus this fourth takbeer is wajib (obligatory) in Eid) takbeer go in for ruku and complete the second raka’t. The Eid salat will be over. On completion of Eid salaat the imam while standing (Immediately after standing sermon (khutba) is to be started. There is no order to sit as ordered for juma prayers. There is no call (azan)) on the pulpit deliver the sermon (khutba) and the audience will hear the sermon (khutba) by keeping silence. There are two sets of sermon (khutba) for Eid also and to sit between the two sets as a traditional way.
The method for Eid Ul-Adha salat is also the same but the intention or invocation will be for Eid Ul-Azha instead of Eidul-Fitr.
In Eidul-Azha also all the acts are traditional and desirable. The difference is that before going to Eidgah for Eidul-Fitr eating is allowed but for Eid Ul-Azha after returning from the Eidgah. For Eidul-Fitr chant the takbeers slowly while going to Eidgah but in Eidul-Azha loudly. The salat of Eidul-Fitr is to be performed with some delay but the salath for the Eid Ul-Azha earlier. There is no call (azan or iqamah) for both the Eid prayers.
Rules for Eid prayers (namaz):-
In (According to one narration surah ‘Qaaf’ in first rakaat and surah ‘Iqtarabatissa’a’ in second raka’t is desirable) Eid salat recite ‘surah Juma’ in the first rakaat and surah ‘Munafiqoon’ in the second raka’t like Friday prayers or in the first raka’t ‘Sabbihisma’ and in the second raka’t ‘Hal Ataka’ is desirable.
In Eid salat initial takbeer (takbeer-e-tahreema) with the words Allahu Akbar is specially obligatory instead of it if “Allah Ajal or AllahAzam” is uttered the obligation is not performed and the compensatory prostration (sajda sahw) will be compulsory (Quite contrary to the other prayers uttering the words “Allah A’azam” and “Allah Ajallwill” not require compensatory prostration in Eid prayers).
The Takbeerat-e-Eidain are to be proclaimed loudly (The followers slowly) by the imam.iii. In the Eid salat (namaaz) Takbeerat-e-Eidien i.e. six, six takbeerat in each raka’t and the takbeer for the rukoo in the second raka’t is obligatory. If they are left out erroneously compensatory prostration will be compulsory.
For the Takbeerat-e-Eidain the imam and his followers should raise the hands (As raised in takbeer-e-tahreema). If the imam does not raise the hands the followers should raise their hands (Then drop the hands) .
If the Takbeerat-e-Eidain are left out by the imam erroneously the followers have also to leave them and follow the imam (In five postures emulation of imam is compulsory, first in first sitting (qaed-e-oola), second recitation of Qunoot, third sajda-e-tilawat, fourth compensatory prostration, fifth takbeerat-e-Eidain. If the imam performs these postures the followers have to emulate. If the imam has left them erroneously the followers also leave them).
7. If the imam proclaims more takbeerat the followers have to follow him up to thirteen Takbeerat (When the voice of the imam is audible otherwise on hearing through loudspeaker emulate the imam beyond thirteen takbeerat also). After thirteen no emulation (The four postures are such that in which emulation of imam is not necessary. First extra performance of any posture (two rukoo and three sajda), second standing for the fifth rakaat, thirdly excess takbeerat in funeral prayers, in Eid takberat. If the imam does them erroneously the followers need not emulate).
8. If the imam is of Hanafi sect and the followers are Shafai in the eid salat (namaaz) and vice versa the followers have to emulate the imam in the number of takbeers, precedence and delay.
9. If the imam has forgotten takbeerat in the first raka’t of Eid and starts reciting Quran and has completed surah Fatiha then he has to proclaim the takbeerat and recite the Quran. If he is reciting the additional surah proclaim the takbeerat after its recitation. If he could not recollect the takbeerat he must proclaim them before raising head after rukoo (in the state of ruku without raising hands).
10. There is no compensatory prostration in Eidain prayers because the followers may most probably be put to confusion (In Eidain and juma prayers there will be large gathering the compensatory prostration will entail disturbance therefore it should be avoided in such gathering). In the second raka’t if the imam has forgotten takbeerat and re-collected in the rukoo he has to proclaim takbeerat in the state of ruku only and not to return in the qiyam.
11. If a person has joined the Eid prayers when the imam has proclaimed all the takbeerat he should proclaim the takbeer immediately after invocation. (even though the imam has started the qira’at).
12. If a person joins the prayers when the imam is in rukoo and it is expected that by the time he goes in for rukoo, he can proclaim the takbeerat and join the rukoo but there is fear that by the time the takbeerat are proclaimed the imam will complete the rukoo in which case, he should join the rukoo after initial takbeer. In rukoo he can complete the takbeerat instead of tashahhud. (Hands are not raised). Before the completion of takbeerat if the imam raises his head from rukoo he should emulate the imam and stand straight. The left over takbeerat are done away with.
14. If a person joins the second raka’at when the imam completes the namaz with salam he should start for his second raka’t and proclaim the takbeerat after the recitation of Quran.
15. If a person finds (Even if this tashahhud is recited even after compensatory prostration) the imam in tashahhud he should follow the imam. However in his first raka’at proclaim three takbeerat before the qira’t and in the second raka’t three takbeerat after the qira’t.
16. If a person has missed the Eid prayers and all have performed it he cannot perform the Eid prayers now. (The jama’t is the condition). However there will be other people who have not performed Eid prayers they can perform it together at another place (When the others have performed the namaz the remaining people should perform the namaz at another place and not on this place). That person can perform the Eid prayers at any other place where it is available.
17. If a person joins the Eid prayers but subsequently his salath becomes void (After the namaz it is re-collected that it is performed without ablution) he cannot peform its makeup salath. (Clause) It is better for this man to perform four raka’t of “Chasht”.
18. If the Eid prayers is not performed for the following reasons the Eidul Fitr can be performed on the next day and Eidul Azha can be performed up to twelth Zul Hajja (2):xviii. The Eid prayers can be arranged in different mosques of the town(1).
(I) Due to heavy rains (ii) the moon is not sighted and its news came after the decline of the sun or such a moment that this was not possible to gather the people. (iii) After the cloud is clear it is noticed that the Eid prayers are untimely performed.
19. The namaz of Eidul Azha can be performed on third day without any excuse but it is abhorrent. But Eidul Fitr on second day without excuse will be unlawful.
Clause: – The time for Eid prayers on the second day is also the same as mentioned for the first day (3).
20. Performance of nafil (supererogatory namaz) before Eid namaz either in the house or in the mosque is abhorrent. However after Eid namaz coming back to the hous performing nafil is not abhorrent (4) whereas four raka’t nafil after returning home is desirable.
21. Warning:- (Not to perform nafil) this order is for important persons but the common people are in no way stopped from performing nafil whether within the house or in Eidgah even if it is performed after Eid namaz (5).
22. Similarly the woman upon whom there is no obligation of Eid prayers saying of nafil by them before Eid namaz is abhorrent.
23. The Eid namaz is given priority on the funeral prayer, however funeral prayer is given priority to the khutba. First Eid namaz then namaz-e-janaza then khutba.
24. If the Eid and Juma coincide performing both the prayers is obligatory. (Friday namaz is compulsory as well as Eid namaz because the Friday namaz is farz and the Eid namaz is wajib.
|1. Performance of Eid namaz in mosques other than Eidgah is against the stressed sunnah.|
|2. In such case this salat will be taken as make up salath.|
|3. From the rising of the sun (equal to one lance) till the decline starts.|
|4. It is abhorrent even in Eidgah after Eid namaz.|
|5. Generally there will be poor response to the virtuous deeds if they are stopped they will forsake them completely.|
Rules for Eid Sermon (Khutba):-
In every Eid two sets of Sermon (khutba) are traditional.
The orders are same for Eid sermon and Friday sermon. However there is a difference:-
In Friday sermon it is traditional (1) for the khateeb to sit on the pulpit (2) before delivering the first part of sermon. For Eid sermon it is traditional not to sit on the pulpit before the first part of sermon.
In the first and second part of sermon of Eid, it is traditional to begin with takbeer, (3) Allahu Akbar. It is to be uttered nine times (4) In the second part of sermon seven times. Further before descending the pulpit the takbeer is to be uttered fourteen times after the completion of second part of sermon as against Friday sermon, where there is no takbeer before and after sermon. 3. Sermon (khutba) before Eid prayers is abhorrent. If by chance it is delivered before the Eid prayers it will not be repeated after Eid prayers.
In the sermon of Eid Ul Fitr the rules regarding propitiatory offerings Sadqa e fitr and in Eidul Azha the rules regarding sacrifice of animals and the takbeer-e-tashreeq are to be explained.
Clause: – It is better to explain the rules in the preceding Friday (juma) so that people may know them in advance and put them in practice.
In Eid sermon when the imam utters takbeer the audience should repeat slowly.
After Eid prayers it is not correct to leave the place of prayers without listening the sermon (like the sermon of juma the sermon). Listen the sermon and remain there till it is complete, even if one cannot listen the sermon being at a distant place.
|1. There is azan for juma namaz.|
|2. There is no azan for Eid namaz.|
|3. There are five sermons which are to be started with takbeer, two sermons of two Eid and three sermons of Haj. There are three sermons which are begun with Alhamdu Lillah. First sermon of juma, second sermon for asking for rain Istesqa and third ermon of nikah.|
|4. Continuous without stop.|
Being a Muslim it is must to spread saying (Ahadith) of Prophet (PBUH) to each and every one for which one will be rewarded both in this world and life hereafter.